Saturday, January 12, 2008

Glad you made it

Hi Brent,

I'm so happy to hear that you finally got there. (or maybe not) I know we are all proud of you for the things you do, but we also aren't too crazy about you being over there. I'm sure we have no earthly idea how things really are in your particular location, but just want you to be safe. One of my ambitions was to travel a lot after we retired and get to see the world. We saw a lot, but as we get older, it seems less realistic that we'll get to all the places we hoped to see. It seems that responsibilities here have kept us from getting too far away. With all the craziness going on these day, I'm not sure it's even worth it. Heck, we still haven't explored the USA. The one place I really hope to make is Yellowstone. I know you and your family have been there and love it.

I'm sure by now you have been informed of Grandma Edna's passing. Your mom and dad are flying to Louisville for the service that is scheduled for Wednesday. It will be nice to see them and Lynn (also flying in).

You be careful over there and stay in touch. I'm learning how to do new stuff everyday, thanks to my intelligent family. It feels good to be a granny and figure out this blog thing. You're my 1st. Just be patient with me. Funny how I hardly write or phone, but I can sure bore you with my blog.

Love from Uncle Jim, too. He won't get near this thing. I think it runs in the family, because as far as I know, your mom doesn't use a computer, either. Maybe I'll even learn how to send you some pics.

No comments: